Sunday, September 9, 2012

A wee bit lost...

I like to pretend I have arrived.  When people ask me what I do I proudly respond, "Wedding photographer" and that's what I am in my heart.  I have a passion for people; I love to spread joy.  But I often portray myself as more "together" than I am I think.  In my mind if I am as confident as a peacock then I'll start sprouting feathers I guess?



Truth be told, much like a lot of you, and nothing as moving or as powerful as those before me, I have a dream.  Each day I get up and I think over what can I be doing to move closer to that dream.  Don't get me wrong I am particularly there I do get the joy of shooting weddings but not as often as I would like.

I don't know about the rest of you but I read so much about my dream; all the blogs, articles and what not I can find about wedding photographers/wedding photography you name it and I get to see so many different people's perspectives.  I get lost in it at times.  I get the idea that there are "lots of right answers" but sometimes my head spins with the differences of opinions or I just don't even know where to begin.



In whatever it is you are passionate about, under water basket weaving if you will: do you ever just get lost in it all?  

2 comments:

  1. I try to remember that I'm supposed to enjoy each moment. Each step.

    The starting a business part.. enjoy.
    The crazy marketing as an introvert... enjoy.
    The people asking me to shoot their feet... enjoy.
    The pondering a wedding shoot... enjoy.

    The moments don't last long. One day when you are booked up to your eyeballs with weddings... if thats your dream, you will look back on today and wish it would return. The. Slow.

    ReplyDelete