Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How life changes

Like most people in life, and especially those who are 25, I am still figuring out life.  I'm not sure always what it holds.  I'm not always the biggest fan of not knowing.  I was the kid at 12, when I accepted the fact that I could not stop from developing and had to accept my childhood was all but over, I sat down and wrote out "the plan" you know all the things I would do and the places I would go and the money I would make. The irony of all that is the one thing I never set out to do at 12 I have done.  I fell in love. That was not on the plan.  That was never the plan but again as we all know life doesn't like plans.



I don't regret falling in love, nor marrying my best friend but I do regret facing the reality that "plans" for life don't work... I miss the security of it all.  The innocents of a 12 year old deciding that by the time I was 25 I would have finished medical school and between internships I would be traveling around Europe as a model. HEY, before you start laughing at the idea of 5' 6" me modeling remember I was twelve and didn't know when I would stop growing nor the idea of being a surgeon and model don't quite go hand in hand... In my mind I could do those and star on Broadway with no issues...

Ah, the energy of youth?

No comments:

Post a Comment