Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Lasagna

I love Italian food!  Almost every dish... almost anything...I try and make whatever I can.  So recently I decided to take on the challenge of Lasagna... homemade.  What's so impressive about it?  Well, home made noodles!  It was a lot of fun and if I had a way to store the noodles pre-done for a while I would do it often.  The noodles tasted great.  Nothing extraordinarily: flour, eggs, olive oil, and salt... mixed...


Rolled till about 1/16in thick


Cut into 3" wide stripes


I use ricotta cheese mixed with spinach and chopped (fresh) herbs


(left to right) basil, sage, parsley 


Eggplant sliced as thinly as possible


This is what the noodles look like when they are cooked.


Layered: sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, eggplant, mozzarella, sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, sauce and mozzarella and monterey jack


Make sure you don't overfill.  If you are afraid you did overfill then put a cookie sheet under it to catch the overflow.


Cook at 350 for 25 min



Delicious and wonderful... but then again it is hard to go wrong with marinara, noodles, cheese, and eggplant... just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment