Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rockin' it Old Testament style


 Do you ever have one of those weeks when you feel things piling up?  I try for the most part to be a positive person, not an idealic person but a realist looking on the "brighter side".  This week hasn't been the best for the "brighter side".  It isn't as if the world came crashing in... just small things.  You know the small things that happen in life, they just seemed to pile up this week.  Broken favorite and only sunglasses, broken nice plate, my favorite jeans got worn through, I can't seem to find things that I know I have... all the small things that don't make up much but start to weigh on top of each other in the effort to push you down.  Though the icing on the cake happened at the end of the week: my husband was waiting for me out side of a grocery store as I picked up some items on the way to dinner with friends and someone backed into him and took off.  Yes, we got hit and run.  I have to ask myself: what type of person.... I can't even finish it.  Gladly no one was hurt and our car's bumper was the only physical damage but it put me in a bad place.  Like a lot of people when things go bad and I am hurting I turn to and blame God.  I know it is silly, even in my anger I know it doesn't make sense, but it is the nature of believing He is in control that he would keep stuff from happening or help me understand what it is I am supposed to learn.  It is the analytical pompous in me that assumes I am due.  Do I in all my blessings stand in awe of God?  No, I mean don't get me wrong I thank him but not generally in a emotional filled awe (being the counter to my bitter anger).  I have the audacity to scoff at the Old Testament Israelites in all of their folly, yet is is the same as my own.


This is not a normal post for me... as the few of you know.  It is just one of those days you stop and take stock.  With a deep breath and scoff to myself it is on with the day.  I hope you enjoy my not so Wordless Wednesday.










and then, she {snapped}NapTime MomTogFriend Finding Fridays


Wordish WednesdaybabybabylemonPaper Heart Photo




Angry Julie Mondayparenting BY dummies

Live and Love...Out LoudClick It Up A NotchGrab the FSF button


8 comments:

  1. These photos are the fair are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That ride looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're week feels like it's going belly up- having a similar one from across the seas! I know what you mean by things piling up. Hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your photos every week! So crisp and clean and exciting! Makes me want to take great pics. just like you!! Happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stinks about the hit and run, but I know what you mean by how you feel...great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing each day: I'm sorry that you are having a bad week but let's be honest: a little ok with it if only for the empathy and comradery :D I hope that despite the vast sea and land between us we can encourage each other some how.

    Em: Yea... never a fun feeling, plus being the meanie I am at times my immediate reaction is to somehow blame my husband though it wasn't his fault at all... got to love it??

    Kristi: Pretty sure you make me blush each time you comment...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so great! I love them. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know exactly how you feel! I feel like this has been my life for the past month. Each with little things just add up and add up and you just feel completely lost sometimes.

    ReplyDelete