Friday, November 4, 2011

Royalty: check.

Much like everyone else out here in "cyperspace, yup, I did just said cyperspace, I like to "link up" with the different challenges.  Each are different to a degree but I think the seasonal link ups can be a lot of fun.  So this week in Sades of Autumn (let's face it there are a lot of them) the color theme is Purple.  When I read this I was stumped.  Purple has always been, well, a color or royalty (maybe I read to many popup books).  I never thought of it as a "Autumn" color.   However the wise people at Bumbles & Light know much more than me as I learned when I actually took the time to seek out purple: it is indeed around (not quite the Love actually "all around us" situation but clearly there).  So here's to hoping that all of you were way more aware of the purple!








{A Photo} Challenge


Click It Up A NotchShades of Autumn Photo ChallengeGive me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli 

14 comments:

  1. Yes, purple is hard to find but you did a great job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    Thanks for sharing on Foto Friday,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice light in the 2nd shot, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never associated purple with autumn. But looks like I'm wrong! great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to find purple. It was a bit of a challenge for me this week too!
    Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. Next week's theme will be brown. See you then! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the composition in that first shot. great purple captures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I'm a new follower! I look forward to getting to know you! :)
    http://terinaleah27.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the softness of the purple shade. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful Rachel!
    Such wonderful tones and mood in the second one
    Have a great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely...the photo emphasizes the plant with all the details

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea, it was a bit hard but after I took these shots I as amazed by the amount of purple I did see... it still wasn't a lot but it was way more than I expected. Other's on the challenge did such a great job of capturing so many things that are purple

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picture! Love that flower too! I agree, I wouldn't have thought of purple for autumn. Who knew?!

    Thanks so much for joining the party at HMA {Oh Snap!}. I hope to see you again at this week's party...and many more in the future!!! :)

    ReplyDelete