Friday, July 15, 2011

Mini vacation

I have the great pleasure of going out of town this weekend to Asheville/Black Mountain area.  I am excited.  Though not a great outdoors "man" nor am I comfortable with bugs touching me, I am however a great lover of hiking and rock climbing... I know makes no sense.  Chris and I haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon, about 3 years ago.  Whenever we can take time off we go see family, most everybody lives away.  Don't get me wrong I love our family but it isn't going on vacation.  It can be but you must actually GO somewhere.  Don't ask me why, I don't understand why that is but for whatever reason it never works out to have the "feel" of a vacation.  Do you know what I mean?  Maybe it is because it is someone who is with your's home town and house so they have obligations... I don't know.

That was a lot or rambling to get to the point: since Chris and I seem incapable of going on an actual vacation we do day or weekend trips (limits where you can go, especially since I am SUPER cheap) but it is nice.  It is something small to look forward to doing.  The only issue is when you get back because of all the driving in a short time it also doesn't have a "vacation" feel but we do come away with great memories.

Going to the mountains and despite being in NC it is supposed to be high of 87 this weekend... awesome.  = It is pretty much assured to be a great time.

What are your weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment