Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Never wish away time, it goes by quick enough

Wake up with a stretch, wishing for the morning to stay off a bit longer.  I rollover and find my husband on his side waiting.  Leaning forward with a kiss the my forehead he wishes me "Happy Anniversary".

What a lovely way to wake up.  Today in less then an hour it will have been three days since I made one of the best decisions of my life.  Three years ago today I woke up in bed with my best friend, my sister and we ran out to get our favorite childhood breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin biscuits from Hardees.  Nervous and excited I ate my lovely breakfast and was not as attentive of my sister as I should have been, way to focused on what was going to come next.  My sister helped me into my dress, did my hair and helped put on the finishing touches just in time for Chris to come and gather me for the pictures.  Being August in the south we deemed it necessary to have a morning ceremony in the shade, since it was going to be outdoors, so that mean pretty early morning for pictures.

All through and ready for the music to begin I stand nervous thinking "I am about to commit my life to him. . . Forever".  My father gathered my hand and lead me down the walkway.  I remember days before the ceremony, someone told me I would cry and all those with me who knew me and I almost laughed at the idea.  You see, I am not a crier.  I didn't really develop that gene.  It is very few and far between moments in which I cry.  I don't remember much of the ceremony but I do remember realizing I was crying when I couldn't focus enough to repeat the vows I wrote.





From that moment until now time seems so swift.  Like someone pressed the fast forward button and I can only see spinets of our life.  Life must blur when you are having fun.

I love you my dear exception. Thank you for a lovely three years, I am excited to see what's next.

2 comments: