Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When to choose what

Here we go again on this Tuesday, editing away...

Original:



Edit:

Brought down the shadows a bit, filtered the black and white through a red, and sharpened it out.  All through Picasa, Google's free editor.

So I don't often go Black and white.  I love color so it is hard for me to intentionally choose to mute it.  Black and White can completely enhance a photo I do realize but it is hard to choose!  Today I decided because the black and whit brought her out more than when it was in color I would take the dive.  This lovely and wonderful lady is my sister in law and otherwise known as The Raw Journalist or Rambling Heather.


Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

11 comments:

  1. I'm the same way...i love color in my photos. But I also love a good black and white when I spot one and this is definitely one of those occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your making this into a B/W is a good call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you went BW on this one - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice. I like black and white sometimes, and this is one of those times!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had fun with my Mom! Good job editing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how it came out- I am a huge fan of black & white & often have to stop myself from converting every image. I have often thought of switching my camera over to b&w for good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job on the edit. Great angle too that you chose, your lines are perfect. You got talent girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now a deep shade of Crimson, so thanks for that. It will be difficult to find clothes to match ;P

    ReplyDelete