Late to join up I know but I broke down and wrote goals. I have an issue with "resolutions" because so often they don't happen. If I want to do something I like to do it right then and there... I do get this doesn't work all the time but I don't care/I ignore my systems faults, the best way right?
I get that "goals" aren't the same thing as "resolutions" but it is a list of things that you can't do right now... and may not happen. I don't do well with expectation without realization. It is a fault of mine. Due to this fault I don't generally write goals down but this year I broke down and wrote some for my business. The best way I can see of making the goals I made happen is by sharing them so that "failure is not an option".
Goals for 2012
- Make the dive finally: invest in Photoshop (yes, Picasa you are still my first love and I will always remember you but you simple do not do all that I need).
- I give myself this year to master Photoshop
- I am going to increase the amount of booked weddings this year by 20%
- Reveal the CHANGE! (Insert evil laugh)
- Get either a 24mm 1.4 or a new zoom 70-300mm. (cause you know they are the same?)
- Spend more time behind the camera and in front of it (the best way to get better at posing is to force yourself to be the person posing)
- Giving up is not an option
I talk a big talk. I am big and ferocious in a lot of ways. You say I can't do something and I will definitely do it whether I wanted to or not, just to prove you wrong. I was raised to be confident, never take no as an answer and not apologize for the perfection, for which I was to strive. But this. . . this one small thing I am unsure and timid and worried I'll fail and insecure. This past year has been a battle for me and in the end "Giving up is not an option" is where I have found myself. No matter my insecurities, worries or concerns about failure: I will not give up.
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli