Monday, January 16, 2012

Yet another days go by.

  The more I notice time the more I feel like a should have a rocking chair on my porch.  You see it all over the place in the south especially: people chilling out on their porches, I don't get the real furniture on the porch though (please explain this to me), enjoy the slow movement of time.  I want to be able to sit and be.  I see others do this but when I try my mind moves so quickly with thought.

My husband and I are so completely differently.  You leave me alone for 8 hours and I will have 8 hours of thoughts and conversations with myself to unload, my husband will have three, to which he cannot recall any of them.  His ability to just be, it truly amazes me.  When I sit and watch a movie my hands search out something to do, emails to check, things to knit, lists to write.  I truly do enjoy the idea of just being.  But unless I am conversing and allowing my mind to work... I can't seem to do this.  Why?  My sister can, she has often been called lazy for her ability to sit still and be: I envy this talent.  In the mean time I live life one list at a time.  I hope that this list is enjoyable to you, for it sure was for me in making it!


1. Stacked up



2. Winter Wonderland



3. Sweet





4. Hole



5. Frozen


Sunday Snapshot 



27 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots. Love the sweet family portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I love the family portrait too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "stacked up" and the family shot! very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Great snapshots! Love the frozen shot, inventive. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/01/project-366-rewind-wk-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work - really love your winter wonderland shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your set, the sweet shot is really...well sweet lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set love your stacked up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pictures! I can't just sit and "be" anymore either. Not since I got so used to having technology at my fingertips 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I can just sit for hours too! Maybe one day I'll get a place with a porch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shots. I love your winter wonderland photo. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry this comment was from me.

    Wonderful shots. I love your winter wonderland photo. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely set. I could sit on a porch all day too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of not just the ice cube, but the ice cube on the bottle, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like "frozen!" Pretty blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad I am not alone with my inability to sit still but I will say to those of you out there with the talent: jealous!

    Thanks for all the compliments. Confession the frozen shot I was down to the wire. I looked around and there was nothing naturally frozen where I was so I went to the only thing in my house that was: water... Got to love when it works out okay when you procrastinate?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, that "sweet" photo really made me smile. :) Love these!

    In case you haven't already heard, we announced our winter photography challenge today. I really enjoyed your work during the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge and would love for you to join us again! Stop by to learn more when you get a chance! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Kristi for telling me I had totally missed your up coming challenge: count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can relate to not being able to sit idle. I'm working on it.

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your photography Rachel! :) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't sit still either... maybe its a mom thing?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pics. Thank you so much for sharing. What a beautiful space you have created my very first visit here I will follow on my way out so I know my path back here. Perhaps you will find the time to come visit me soon and do the same. I look forward to engaging more throughout the year and beyond. Take care. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great shots and beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete