Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The things you forget to think!

In each of these editing challenges I name at the bottom of the "after" shot what I did to the picture.  The reason I don't give a long detailed tutorial about how is that I use, on a day to day, basis a really simple easy to use software that is free to download thanks to Google, called Picasa.  I didn't even think about the fact I never featured Picasa on my blog or gave you a link to download it for yourself, which is a shame because so often I run into people who think they need to have a mac for iPhoto to do neat things with their photos but it is so not true!  So thank you Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry for bringing that to my attention!

So if you are interested in trying out this awesome and free software check it out here.


Before:



After:

Pulled up the light and high lights, adjusted the white balance, and added warm tones. Picasa




kimklassencafeTouch Up Tuesday's at the Paper MamaQuotography at {My}Perspective

10 comments:

  1. Love the edit. I'm totally into that style of photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use picasa loads also, great little program, even better as it´s free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the perspective on this- makes my mind wander & wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! I love the depth of field!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rambling: well you know that i do everything for you ;P

    But really thanks for all the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great depth of field! I love the focus on the knot. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with Tones and Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete