Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ramblings of love

It is not often that people meet their sister's in law in elementary school but somehow I met two of my sister in laws under the age of 6.  It was weird to me when people would ask me about how it was adding a new person to the family around the weddings of my two older brothers.  I was confused most of the time because I didn't know what they meant.  I legitimately have very few solid memories that they weren't apart of in some form or another.

This is a rare gift that I love.  Over the years our relationships have shifted and changed but in the end I love each relationship I have with all my sisters in law.

The sloppy ballad of love written above was brought on by a recent date with my Rambling sister in law:

Thanks for the date!

Before:


After:

I pulled out the warm tones a lot, I pulled up the highlight barely, I added a bit of shadowing and I pulled it all through a creamy yellow filter. (Picasa)







Photobucket


11 comments:

  1. Love the edits and the blurriness - ads a nice mystique to the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a fan of the "blur look" but for whatever reason I liked this one

      Delete
  2. I am so blessed!! You are more than an in-law to me. You are one of my best friends! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. I love both of my sisters-in-law, I just wish I lived closer to them-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here's to hoping that happens and soon!

      Delete
  4. =) Sweet, sweet story. What a special thing...to have had relationships with your SIL for so long.

    The photos are great too! Now I am inspired to add "blur" into one of my photo challenges!

    Visiting you from the photo friday link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird how what seems to be a complete failure can still be so perfect! I'd love to see your Blur shot!

      Delete
  5. What you did with the photo is so nice. Blur can really be an interesting quality. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genie! So often I'm not a fan of the blur but you are so right it can add something so unique

      Delete