Friday, February 10, 2012

Randomocities

A faint scream comes out of my husbands lips followed by a glaring look back at me.  I bat my eyes and give a sheepish "who me" expression as I burrow my freezing feet a little further under his leg.  





Sadly for Chris this is the start of pretty much every night.  I'm pretty sure I have the worlds worst circulation, like if someone tighten my hands above my head they'd have to amputate my arms a few hours later bad and I got Restless Leg Syndrome to prove it.  

It took Chris nearly a year of marriage to realize that no matter how many socks I put on or blankets I wrapped I can't get my feet warm.

Now up to hear it isn't that random, more torturous (for Chris, wonderfully warm for me) then anything else up to this point.   The weird comes in play when I fall asleep.  I go from a decently average warmth excluding hands and feet (of which they are pretty much numb all the time) to what I'm pretty sure they could use to heat Mars (yes, the full planet could be warmed by my body heat while sleeping).  We figured out quickly that "snuggling" wasn't an option for us unless we are living in the arctic with no heat.  

Ladies and gents for this information I about to share I am sorry but legit: I have awoken in a pool of my own sweat before in the dead of winter only covered in a sheet... 

I admit it: I'm a freak, but hey if we were trapped in a cave freezing to death I could save everyone if you just knock me unconscious . . . pretty sure that's close to a super power.

18 comments:

  1. Oh that is funny! I have a similar problem in that my feet are ALWAYS too hot. My husband always tries to use them to warm his own feet! He calls me his space heater. I often can't even wear socks or lovely boots in the winter because they are still too warm. The rest of me gets cold though!

    Those socks look so lovely and cozy! Thanks for taking part in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge, don't forget to stop by and grab this week's freebie, B&W actions for Photoshop and PSE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a nice change up. Want to trade for a week? They are awesome socks... the closest my feet get to warm!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through 'Unmeasured'. I know I am a perfect stranger... but... have you ever had your thyroid tested? Your freezing-feet story and then heat/sweat story in bed is identical to me. It is just two of the myriad of symptoms, but quite classic ones. (Please forgive if I have offended you, asking personal medical questions.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, no offence at all! I have not had my thyroid tested. Interesting thought, I know that the thyroid is attached to a lot but I would have never thought about it as a connection. It is something I will have to check out. What type of dr does thyroids... endocrinologist?

      Delete
  3. Me too! My feet are always cold!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should band together... we could be human refrigerators!

      Delete
  4. ha! that's so funny!! Thanks for participating in the Poetic Winter photography challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a very similar problem. One solution has been to put a heated blanket on my bed, turn in on 10 minutes before jumping in (which helps warm the toes), than turn if off so it won’t overheat you later. What’s nice is that the heated blankets can be really thin and most have two settings – one for each half/side of the blanket. This means that even if you turn yours off, hubby can keep his on and stay warm – even with only a thin blanket on the bed, which can be helpful is you overheat at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel-
    Yes, an endocrinologist takes care of thyroids, among other things. :) Being cold all the time isn't a sure sign your thyroid is failing, but it is a classic symptom (one of about 39).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I have the same problem! lol

    Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. We're moving on to a new theme on Friday, Warmth. Hope you'll stop by and join us again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. giggle, same thing happens every night at our house, :-) But then some time between midnight and 3 am I become a raging inferno and he is roasting next to me ( I hate menopause) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Menopause isn't the best thing ever? I've been told so many lies! Oh well, Chris will just have to suffer with me. Thanks for the adorable comment, made me laugh!

      Delete
  9. That is an adorable picture, and your husband has my sympathies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest he has mine but I am too mean to ever stop the madness! ;P

      Delete
  10. hahaha! You cracked me up! I love your super power! If I'm ever trapped somewhere cold I'll be sure to call you. ;)

    ReplyDelete