Monday, February 13, 2012

Faded Pink Hearts

Tears stream down my face as I try to catch my breath from laughter.  Valentine nightmares of our elementary day self's shared from one friend to another, "I always got the lion king card cause they were neutral save for one strip 'Let's walk on the wild side'. . . the horror!"

Valentine's day is such an interesting holiday.  I'll be really honest here, and please don't hate me for it: I don't like Valentine's day.  I don't hate it either... just we aren't in "the same circles".  I never really celebrated it.  My father when I got late into high school started giving me gifts and before that I got the occasional chocolate.  But I'm a bit to pragmatic.  If Chris handed me a bunch of flowers I don't know what I would do but I know what I would be thinking, of all the practical and non-wasteful (I know I'm a heathen I think that cut flowers are wasteful... the romantic in me just doesn't care for them, potted flowers on the other hand: I'm game).

I'm much more a show me you love me by mowing the grass or cleaning the bathroom or by saving and going on a vacation!

But for all my protests and all my quandary on the issue, last year I had change of heart to a degree.  I have a dear far flung friend who is such a huge fan of V day.  She decks her house out in hearts, she wears red and pink all week, she hands out little tokens of love.  She basks in all that is V day.  So to you Amanda, thank you for showing me what there is to love about this interesting holiday and more than anything I hope that you have a spectacular V-day tomorrow!

1. Facial Feature




2. Shadow



3. Spicy



4. Gold


33 comments:

  1. nice photos, cute heart face.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary, I agree but I'm particle: it's my husband!

      Delete
    2. I can't figure out how to comment on your blog... so I am replying =) I LOVE the first shot ... clever and sweet! oh... and I NEED to try those chips!! yum!

      Delete
    3. Oh, sorry the comment par is just under the ad under the blog post. But "Reply" is always a safe option.

      I know! to the chips, they looked so good when I saw them I couldn't help but grab them!

      Delete
  2. I like the one with the bottles. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interpretation of hearts <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! One of these days I want to do a HUGE Valentine Adult party. How awesome would that be?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would we give out little pieces of Cardboard covered in Kittens and slogans like "What a great day to hang around?" ;P

      Delete
  5. Great entry to i heart faces! Fingers crossed, you get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stasha! I have never one a I heart faces but I would love to!

      Delete
  6. Great photos! I sort of agree with you about the flowers. I'd love to have plants but they bring in bugs so the only live things in my house are kids and pets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's legit. I do have an Ivy plant and a little herb garden... neither bloom but the herbs taste good so I think that beats out blooms ;P

      Delete
  7. LOVE your shots! And great writing in the beginning!!! Coming over from Simple As That!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your double compliment Ginanorma!

      Delete
  8. WOW great pictures...I can't pick a favorite but Gold and Fabric are close!

    PS...Love your story in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, the fabric might be mine but that's solely based on the story... I'll have to tell you about sometime

      Delete
  9. Your facial features shot is a really fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute facial feature and I love your fabric shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first shot is so fun!! Spicy Thai... hmmm... might have to go find some of that! Your fabric is so pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are tasty chips... and they really do taste like Thai. I don't know why I was surprised I mean it does say it on the bag but I was none the less

      Delete
  12. These are all great!!! The bottles are my favorite, maybe because of what's in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photos! And I hope you have a great Valentine's Day...even if you're not it's biggest fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Valentine's Day! And I feel the same way about Valentine's Day that you do :) Guess that is why my husband keeps getting me potted plants that I keep killing

    ReplyDelete