Sunday, February 5, 2012

Six seasons and a movie

No matter the number of neighbors complaints, scuffed floors or petitions signed I much like EVERYONE else at the age of 9 wanted to be Shirley Temple.  No I didn't understand that you cannot really be another person.  I felt like if I tapped hard enough my hair would spiral up and become wonderful head of bouncing curls.  I would walk around practicing my "Oh, my goodness" as best I could as I buffalo shuffled through the house.  

Sadly after 6 months of tapping my feet hard enough to skim the finish off the floor I discovered that I could never actually become Shirley Temple... Heart breaking I know.  Despite my heart break I did manage to get preform a lovely yet strangely provocative dance (considering that I was 9) to "Great balls of fire" (by Jerry Lee Lewis). Hey I guess by the end of it I did get to say "Goodness" and I am sure my mother said "Oh my" when I tried to do a shimmy (I lacked the necessary body parts to really make it work).

"Why do you bring this up?" you ask... no good reason other than the "Shinny" in today's list is my lovely and expensive recital costume (part of it any way... there were also feathers involved... don't ask me I didn't know about fashion at that age).

1. Strike a pose

Compliments of my loving husband/my second shooter


2. Footwear


3. Hobby


Not one of my best photos but I couldn't help plugging one of my favorite TV shows that is sadly on hiatus but if I have anything to say about it will come back for "six seasons and a movie, six seasons and a movie, six seasons and a movie"

4. Shinny


5. Color me Green




Sunday Snapshot








25 comments:

  1. Your husband got a great shot of you and I love shiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He lacks confidence but he does amazing portraits

      Delete
  2. I really like your shiny shot and your green shot!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shot of the shoes is great! Nice collection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shoes have a funny story. . . has to do with a a wedding, scattered thoughts and a last minute save

      Delete
  4. Nice series. Love you shiny. Have a great week. PS I wanted to be a tap dancing star when younger. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could've told you from the title that that was Community! :)... Abed in a cape, talking about Cougar Town... love the metal "Love" decoration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't help it. I'm telling you right now I might cry if they really take community down for good

      Delete
  6. Great interpretations! Love shiny... and the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun recital but I'm telling you right now: that costume is itchy... or from what I recall. . . pretty sure if I tried to put it on it wouldn't come past my butt

      Delete
  7. Lovely shot. Love your portrait and the "love" shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love I heart faces and their challenges!

      Delete
  8. You look so happy and pretty. Go and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love these. Such beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute story! I like your shiny costume too. Like your second shooter's shot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both: I'm pretty found of my second shooter too :D

      Delete
  11. Holy shit, you are a really fantastic photog.
    I love the photo your hubby took of you - it looks like a "real you" portrait and the "real you" looks happy and glowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty glowy... glow in the dark glowy ;P Chris sometimes asks me to cut it out when we are trying to fall asleep for I light up the whole room ;P

      Delete
  12. Cute pictures! The "Love" one is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on a whim, we were helping Chris' parents move into their new home and I looked over and saw it and it was a little too perfect (for the I heart faces challenge this week) not to take a shot

      Delete
  13. All great shots and so fun! I love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete