Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Correct exposure"

I have been reading a lot of books on photography.  The latest of which is about "correct exposure".  It went over making sure you take into account the ISO (essentially film quality), F/stop (essentially the apparent size), and the shutter speed (essentially what it sounds like).  A lot of what he said I already knew some of I didn't but it had more to do with shooting with film (the things I didn't know that is).  All the same I took it all to heart and it basically came down to I need to spend more time with my camera.  

Point of all the rambling: the best way to get to know your camera is to spend time with it just like a person.



Picture one is F/8, ISO 100, and  shutter speed of 300 (on a Nikon D300)


Same "exposure" but now it is a F/1.4, ISO 100, Shutter speed of 1000



(The huge difference if focus.  The first being a broad focus and the second being a very small focus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment