Thursday, June 2, 2011

too ambitious for my own good



I like doing a lot of things, as I have mentioned in a previous blog.  Recently I decided to take on the challenge of making a dress without a guide.  All free hand cutting and using no source material.  Just taking yards of different material to morph them into something... decent, well that's what I am going for any way.

I am taking it really sloooow.  I am doing small bits at a time.  But if I think about it for too long I get intimidated... then I don't want to try.  So today is a day I am postponing it.... BUT for good reason.  My brother I haven't seen in a really long time is in going to be in the area for a couple of days... so that's a good excuse right?

Either way I won't be working on it for the weekend... well, probably not.  At the same time it makes me feel like I am back in school postponing the inevitable.  Do you ever postpone things... despite their inevitability? 



1 comment:

  1. As a designer I say go for what you're doing. I admire you working without a pattern or guide. Some of the best and most innovative designers drape (no pattern). While I plan out everyone of my designs with a pattern and exact materials--more times than not the pattern is altered and materials replaced. In other words, most designs go off in other directions that compliment or make the original design better.

    ReplyDelete